Responsible Investment for the future
From 10 to 12 September 2019, the PRI in Person, the leading global conference on responsible investment, is taking place in Paris. Kaiser Partner Privatbank AG, a signatory of the UN Principles for Responsible Investing for more than a decade, will also participate with a small delegation. Among 1600 delegates from more than 52 countries, we will learn what responsible asset owners care about, how other investment managers incorporate Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance issues into their investment decision process, and how service providers can help to do so.
For the 13th time, PRI signatories and investment professionals meet to discuss current responsible investment issues and share experiences from their organization or region. The PRI in Person is an event of the UN Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI), an investor initiative founded in 2006, in partnership with the financial initiative of the UN Environment Programme UNEP and the UN Global Compact.
The initiative, supported by the United Nations (UN), is an international investor network based on and committed to six principles for responsible investment.
The general objective is to understand the impact of sustainability on investors and to support signatories in bringing these issues into the investment decision-making process. In this way, the signatories to the Principles are expected to contribute to a more sustainable global financial system.
The six principles include:
1) We will incorporate environment social governance (ESG) issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
2) We will be active owners and integrate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
3) We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
4) We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
5) We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
6) We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Kaiser Partner Privatbank AG has also been committed to these goals since 2009. Ever since, we do not focus on financial aspects only, but have been incorporating Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance as an integral part in our investment and client advisory process.
Do you have any further questions on this topic? Please feel free to contact our team.